Current Affairs 2018– Latest Current Affairs February 6th, 2018 for Banking exams, IBPS, SCC and other Govt. Exams. Online Current Affairs keep focusing on exam point of view current affairs and provide the important and latest current affairs February 6, 2018, which have some national and international events occur in the month of February gather positive states from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, Times of India, India Today, Indian Express, all other Government official websites. Online current affairs help you to get more marks in competitive Exams.so, Here the list important and latest current affairs February 6th, 2018 for upcoming Banking and other competitive Exams.
1. India Open Badminton Tournament 2018 – P V Sindhu was defeated by American Beiwen Zhang.
P V Sindhu has lost the title of India Open Badminton Tournament 2018 in Women Single, P V Sindhu was defeated by American Beiwen Zhang to finish runner-up at the India Open Super 500 tournament.India Open is a badminton event held annually at the Siri Fort Sports Complex.
Latest Current Affairs February 2018 Exams Point of View:
- Men’s Single: Winner – Shi Yuqi (China) and RunnerUp – Chou Tien Chen (Taiwan).
- Women’s Singles: Winner – Beiwen Zhang (America) and RunnerUp – P V Sindhu (India).
- Men’s Doubles: Winner – Marcus Fernaldi Gideon(Indonesia) and Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo (Indonesia) and RunnerUp – Kim Astrup (Denmark) and Anders Skaarup Rasmussen (Denmark).
- Women’s Doubles: Winner – Greysia Polii (Indonesia) and Apriyani Rahayu (Indonesia) and RunnerUp – Jongkolphan Kititharakul (Thailand) and Rawinda Prajongjai (Thailand).
- Mixed Doubles: Winner – Mathias Christiansen (Denmark) and Christinna Pedersen (Denmark) and RunnerUp – Praveen Jordan (Indonesia) and Melati Daeva Oktavianti (Indonesia).
2. Indian cricketers Jasprit Bumrah and Harmanpreet Kaur in Forbes India 30 Under 30 List.
Indian Cricketers Jasprit Bumrah and Harmanpreet Kaur and Indian Women’s hockey team goalkeeper Savita Punia and Shooter Heena Sidhu are among Forbes India 30 under 30 list.
Latest Current Affairs February 2018 Exams Point of View:
- Bumrah, the third highest wicket-taker in ODIs with 39 scalps in 23 matches, In T20Is he clutched 12 wickets in 11 outings. Bumrah bowling makes it to ICC’s ODI Team of the Year 2017.
- Punia’s flexibility at the goalpost had helped her team qualify for the Rio Olympics after 36 years during the 2016 Hockey World League in Belgium.
- Harmanpreet Kaur plays as an allrounder for the Indian women’s cricket team and was awarded the prestigious Arjuna Award for Cricket in the year 2017 by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
- Heena Sidhu became the first Indian pistol shooter to reach number one in world rankings by the International Shooting Sports Federation.
3. Mahmud Hossain New Chief Justice of Bangladesh.
Syed Mahmud Hossain appointed as the new Chief Justice of the country. He was appointed by the president of Bangladesh Abdul Hamid. Chief Justice Mahmud Hossain is the 22nd chief justice of Bangladesh.The post of the chief justice fell vacant when Justice Surendra Kumar Sinha resigned on November 10 last year after taking a leave of absence on health grounds in October.
4. World Cancer Day: 04th February
Vice President Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated a medical camp at Swarna Bharat Trust, Atkur in Andhra Pradesh organized on the occasion of World Cancer Day. The World Cancer Day is observed on 4th February every year to raise awareness about cancer and awareness about its treatment and method of its preventions. The theme for World Cancer Day 2016-18 is ‘We can, I Can’.
5. New Wildlife Sanctuary at Ghodazari, Maharashtra.
The Maharashtra government has approved Ghodazari in Chandrapur district as a new wildlife sanctuary in the state. The Decision was taken by Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis who has chaired 13th meeting of the Maharashtra State Board for Wildlife. The sanctuary will include 159 sq km of Brahmapuri forest and will also improve tourism in nearly 40 villages in the area.
6. Nicos Anastasiades Wins Re-Election for 2nd Term as Cyprus President.
Cyprus President Nicos Anastasiades has won re-election for a second term. The result was in line with exit polls, which had put support for Anastasiades at an average of 57 percent, within a range of 54.5 percent to 59.5 percent. Cyprus President Nicos Anastasiades words “My dear friends, I want to thank you from the depths of my heart for the trust and the clear mandate,” Anastasiades told hundreds of supporters who had gathered outside his election campaign headquarters in the center of the capital, Nicosia. The currency of Cyprus is Euro.
7. Nuclear Capable Agni-1 Missile successfully test-fired.
Agni-1 was successfully test-fired from mobile launcher located at Integrated Test Range of Dr. Abdul Kalam Island (Wheeler Island) off the Odisha. It was developed by Advanced Systems Laboratory (ASL) in collaboration with Defence Research Development Laboratory (DRDL) and Research Centre Imarat (RCI). ASL is the premier missile development laboratory DRDO.
Latest Current Affairs February 6, 2018 Exams Point of View:
- Agni-1 is indigenously developed intermediate range surface-to-surface, single-stage missile.
- The missile 12 tonnes,15-meter-long, nuclear payloads up to 1,000 kg, strike range of over 700 km and is propelled by a solid rocket propellant system.
8. Fifth South Asia Region Public Procurement Conference held in New Delhi.
The Fifth edition of South Asia Region Public Procurement Conference was held in New Delhi. The Event was hosted by Public Procurement Division (PPD) of Ministry of Finance and All India Management Association (AIMA).
9. No Diesel Locomotives will be allowed in New Delhi after March 2019.
Railway Minister Piyush Goyal announced that No diesel locomotives will be allowed in the Delhi area after March 2019. The railway ministry has set a target of 2022 to switch to electric locomotives completely by phasing out their diesel counterparts with a focus on increasing speed.
10. Google launched SecurityCheckKiya campaign.
Google has launched SecurityCheckKiya campaign in India to create awareness around Internet safety. The campaign is targeted at young and first-time users to protect themselves from account hijacking secure all their personal data if they lose their device. It is also aimed at shielding Android mobile devices from malicious apps. Darren Helm Jersey